"Don't Let Overwhelm Be A Roadblock to Your Success"




Life can be hard. The journey through life can be overwhelmly rough, riddled with obstacles, disappointments, heartache and pain. Some of us will constantly find ourselves treading through rough and rugged terrain. Feeling overwhelmed by life's difficulties may cause us to switch paths and move onto "easy street". It may even seem easier to walk away, give up and  move on to the "next best thing". However, the easier road is NOT always the best road. The truth is that every time we  flee to the path of "least resistance" we are seeking comfort and averting growth. There is no growth in being comfortable, it is the path of the "greatest resistance" that makes you stronger and grow. So how do you handle "life" when your journey becomes overwhelmingly difficult? Do you change paths or power though the pitfalls and potholes in life?




Like most people I hated and dreaded the feeling of being overwhelmed. I just wanted to scream, walk away and give up. I always believed that the uncomfortable feeling of overwhelm was a sign of failure ahead leading to a dead end. I thought that the overwhelming feeling meant that it's time to cut my losses give up and walk away. I felt that "overwhelm" was a sign that things were not meant to be. Then I noticed a pattern in my life. I was constantly walking away from tough experiences because of feelings of overwhelm. It breaks my heart because I missed out on so many opportunities to grow, learn, to be greater and to reach further success in life.  I let fear get the best of me. I felt like a failure. My journey had been riddled with too many detours.



After plenty of self reflection and prayer the LORD showed me the importance of perseverance and endurance. I finally realized something has to change. I have to change. I have to forge a new path for myself. I have to stop looking for the easy road through life. I have to stop changing my path because it gets rough and I get overwhelmed. I have to stop seeking the comfortable, familiar and easy detour. I must power though the obstacles in the road, stand strong and be confident. I learned  you must “power through” until your break through.  I learned that my life is going to change once I overcome my fears of overwhelm. I finally realized that being overwhelmed is a positive part of life which leads to growth.  I never looked at being overwhelmed as a good thing. But now I see that the feeling of overwhelm is necessary  to my personal growth. When you are overwhelmed by a situation it means that you have encountered a new experience. I've learned that working through an overwhelming situation creates resourcefulness and builds character. Acquiring these new found skills will surely boost your confidence making the next obstacle seem like a walk in the park. Overwhelm should be used as a tool to grow, learn, prosper, conquer and succeed. Don't let overwhelm hinder your personal growth. Don't let overwhelm stop you in your tracks.



We can not handle it all by ourselves. 
Give your feelings of overwhelm to the LORD and let Him give you the rest needed to continue on your God given journey. 

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28 KJV

                                                  https://www.bible.com/1/mat.11.28.kjv


"I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication. I poured out my complaint before HIM; I shewed before HIM my trouble. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare me."
Psalms 142:1-3



"Cast all your care upon Him; for He careth for you."
1 Peter 5:7






"From the end of the earth will I cry to thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."



I pray that whoever is reading this finds the strength and courage to continue on their 
GOD GIVEN JOURNEY.




Love,
Rita

Live life to the fullest.


For more inspiration and ways to handle "overwhelm" check out the video below. 👇🏽

https://youtu.be/YlBlt4Xf9wA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Smell of Success

Free Your Mind

WOW its been a while since I posted! Way too long!