Father’s Day

 


Heavenly Fathers Day 


My father came to America at the tender age of 20. He left Antigua and came to this country for a better life. He worked hard and became an entrepreneur. He and his brothers owed Goddard Auto Body shop in Philadelphia, PA. 


However, he had bigger dreams and wanted to be a musician. He loved music! As a child I remember him writing songs and singing all the time. My greatest childhood memories are listening to music and singing with my dad. We would listen to  Prince, MJ, Whitney Houston, Anita Baker and Donnie Warwick. Then I became his Protégé.  I was going to be the next Whitney Huston or Anita Baker. In his eyes I was already a superstar. He always believed in me. Sadly, he passed away at the age of 58. It breaks my heart that he left this world and did not achieve his hearts desire which was to be a musician. 






In honor of my father I am committed to  push harder to achieve my goals and to make my dreams a priority. I it owe it to myself and I owe it to the legacy my father . 




I’m proud of what he did get to accomplish. I’m grateful that he came to this country giving us countless opportunities for success. His efforts will not be in vain. Thank you dad for all your sacrifices and for always believing in me. 



Love Leeritta 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Your Mind

Sweet Smell of Success

WOW its been a while since I posted! Way too long!